- 19-Apr-2017 to 18-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Commensurate with experience
We are looking for a confident, experienced senior writer with good mud on their boots.
For us, good mud in this case means an exceptionally gifted professional writer with (1) discipline around deadlines and language, (2) creativity around content (and endless curiosity), (3) unchallengeable editing credentials, and (4) an intuitive instinct for audience and message.
If you're a stellar writer, consider contributing to the dynamic and growing Hillard Heintze Communications Team on a freelance basis. This position has the potential to lead to a full-time position with the firm. You'll work side-by-side with senior leaders and national-level experts at our fast-paced security, investigations and law enforcement consulting firm. As a key contributor to our high-output team, you'll do much more than catch grammatical errors and debate the merits of the Oxford comma. (But there'll be plenty of that too.)
- As a senior writer, you'll draft highly polished, tightly edited content solo or as part of a team for a wide range of publications including client reports, thought-leadership white papers, executive briefings and marketing materials.
- You'll be a key contributor to a close-knit, highly collaborative Communications Team of writers, editors, graphic design experts and technical publication specialists.
- Your work will demand the attention necessary to meet our quality standards extensive proofreading and editing that elevates messaging impact, continuity and relevance to audience needs; attention to detail that ensures consistency in tone, style and formatting; and a keen eye for accurate spelling, grammar and common usage.
- Work with subject-matter experts to develop, refine and revise content.
- Present data and key information using tables and graphs developed in Word, Excel and other graphic-supporting tools.
- Engage in continuous process improvement to increase communications quality, efficiency and consistency.
- Complete and return assignments by agreed upon due date.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university required; master's degree from an accredited university/college preferred. Journalism, English or History is preferred.
- Minimum of five years professional work experience in a writing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an intensive, multiple-deliverable work environment
- Positive "can-do" attitude, and willingness to go the "extra mile"
- Self-starter who works well as part of a team
- Strong personal and professional values
Hourly or project-based rates to be determined commensurate with experience
DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY
Hillard Heintze is one of the leading investigation and security risk management firms in the United States. The firm helps clients protect their people, performance, interests and reputations. It does so by providing investigative, security and law enforcement consulting and advisory services worldwide that yield insight, deliver assurance and instill confidence.
To protect what matters most, we believe that immediate access to trusted counsel, critical insights and the full scope of information vital to strategic decision making is absolutely essential. And we view our role as a trusted advisor as a noble and honorable pursuit. This is our purpose. It's who we are. It's why our clients trust us.
For three years, Hillard Heintze was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of America's fastest-growing private companies and ranked on the annual Inc. 500/5000 list as No. 242 in 2009, No. 583 in 2010 and No. 764 in 2011. The company has also been ranked by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) #6 on its 2011 list of the 100 fastest-growing inner city firms in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, Hillard Heintze also has operations in Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Virginia Beach, Dallas and San Jose, as well as international operating capabilities.
Hillard Heintze is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.