- 19-Apr-2017 to 18-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Commensurate with experience
If you're an accomplished editor and proofreader, consider contributing as a freelancer to the dynamic and growing Hillard Heintze Communications Team with the possibility of joining the firm on a full-time basis in the future. You'll work with senior leaders and national-level experts at our fast-paced security, investigations and law enforcement consulting firm. As a key contributor to our high-output team, you'll do much more than catch grammatical errors and debate the merits of the Oxford comma. (But there'll be plenty of that too.)
- Contribute to a close-knit, highly collaborative Communications Team, composed of graphic design experts, writers, editors and technical publication specialists
- Develop a practical and working knowledge of our four practices: security risk management, threat and violence risk management, investigations and law enforcement consulting
- Compose clear and informative content for a wide variety of publications including client reports, press releases, marketing materials, PowerPoint decks and social media posts
- Work with subject-matter experts to develop and refine content prior to publication
- Proofread and edit work for spelling and grammar, and formatting to company standards
- Vary writing style to address different audiences or different kinds of publications
- Present numerical data effectively using Excel tables and graphs
- Engage in continuous process improvement to increase communications quality, efficiency, consistency and teaming
- Complete and return assignments by agreed upon due date
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university required; Master's degree from an accredited university/college preferred. Journalism, English or History is preferred.
- Minimum of five years' professional work experience in a writing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an intensive, multiple-deliverable work environment
- Positive "can-do" attitude, and willingness to go the "extra mile"
- Self-starter who works well as part of a team
- Strong personal and professional values
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
Hourly or project-based rates to be determined commensurate with experience
DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY
Hillard Heintze is one of the leading investigation and security risk management firms in the United States. The firm helps clients protect their people, performance, interests and reputations. It does so by providing investigative, security and law enforcement consulting and advisory services worldwide that yield insight, deliver assurance and instill confidence.
To protect what matters most, we believe that immediate access to trusted counsel, critical insights and the full scope of information vital to strategic decision making is absolutely essential. And we view our role as a trusted advisor as a noble and honorable pursuit. This is our purpose. It's who we are. It's why our clients trust us.
For three years, Hillard Heintze was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of America's fastest-growing private companies and ranked on the annual Inc. 500/5000 list as No. 242 in 2009, No. 583 in 2010 and No. 764 in 2011. The company has also been ranked by the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) #6 on its 2011 list of the 100 fastest-growing inner city firms in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, Hillard Heintze also has operations in Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Virginia Beach, Dallas and San Jose, as well as international operating capabilities.
Hillard Heintze is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.